Paper talk: Football transfer news, rumours, reports & gossip as Juventus look to win race to sign Matthijs de Ligt’s – Football
Football gossip and transfer rumours from the back pages
Gareth Southgate hasn’t closed the England door on Jamie Vardy while Patrice Evra is back at Man Utd, all in today’s newspapers.
- England players will discuss whether or not to walk off the pitch in Bulgaria next month if any members of Gareth Southgate’s team are subjected to racism.
- Two people have been arrested as part of an investigation by Belgian police into alleged football corruption, following the sale of several players to Premier League clubs.
- Vincent Kompany is convinced Aymeric Laporte’s injury will not derail Manchester City’s title chances.
- Romelu Lukaku has been asked by the Italian FA to lead the campaign against racism after being targeted by Cagliari fans playing for Inter Milan.
- Patrice Evra is back at Manchester United to complete his coaching badges.
- UEFA’s Financial Fair Play case against Manchester City may not be resolved until the end of the season.
- Wolves’ signing of Leander Dendocker from Anderlecht last season is part of an ongoing investigation into corruption in Belgium.
- Wilfried Zaha has told his agent that he wants to terminate their contract after failing to secure a move away from Crystal Palace in the transfer window.
- Roy Hodgson says an offer from the sort of club Wilfried Zaha wanted did not materialise in the summer and caused his stay at Crystal Palace.
- Gareth Southgate insists Tammy Abraham will commit his international future to England, despite being eligible to play for Nigeria.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson is back in training and could return to first-team action by the end of the month.
- Roy Hodgson is to hold crunch talks with Crystal Palace over his contract and transfer budget.
- Referees chief Mike Riley is under pressure to increase the use of VAR after being called in front of the Premier League to discuss the early-season controversies.
- A complaint has been made to the FA about former England women’s coach Mark Sampson, following an incident involving alleged offensive comments at Stevenage.
- John Stones is set to overcome his thigh injury to return for Manchester City against Norwich.
- Per Mertesacker admits he understands Arsenal fans’ frustration at inconsistent Mesut Ozil.
- Gareth Southgate says the England door is still open for Leicester striker Jamie Vardy.